Skip to main content

Poem: When You're Gone

 When You're Gone

I try not to worry,

You are on your journey,

I am on mine,

But two weeks without you,

And I’m back to the moment when I needed you,

And you needed me to stand up,

Back to our last hug,

The painless days are a wonder,

I see you through the window,

Teaching me to dress, walk, how to wear my purse securely,

Words never needed,

Clicked moments of clarity,

I’ll keep your voice forever in my mind,

Telling me you love me,

Whispered though the memories that still sting and twist,

I’ll read your words,

Over and over,

Meant for me,

My lifeline,

I hope you know how much you mean to me,

How much I’ll love you, forever.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Unknown

Today I am celebrating my 33rd birthday, and in typical British fashion have decided to celebrate it all week. As someone who thought they would never actually live to see their 17th birthday, I am taking this week as an opportunity to put myself first and celebrate all of the wonderful things this city has gifted me. On the 4th, ironically America's Independance Day, I shall be celebrating my independance by voting in the UK Parlimentary general elections. And on the 5th I shall be performing for the very first time at Band On The Wall, a showcase that allows me to finally share he very begininng of my creative musical journey under the care and tutelage of Levi Love.  To be world premiering my work at such a prestigiously historical venue s mindblowing to me until my ego interupts me and says "Of course your first show has to be in one of the biggest music venue spaces in this entire city, duh."  My minor accomplishments have never been that small, when I actually take ...

Poem: The Quiet Room

  The Quiet Room Intrinsically obligated to serve, Do you think the  artist just saw a plate of cheese on the table and was like....I can do that? Head bowed in servitude but only in a prostrate submissive form. It's not that I can see it, it's that you can't  unsee it. Looking at it long enough the angles are not only angular but long enough. I should go, away from this quiet place but it's comforting here. Here, these walls hold the part of me that was so scared, the part of me that put my best foot forward in the frozen snow. What a long path of misstroden woes and forgotten beguilements.

Poem: Only A Number

 Only a number, Fixed intent, Work hard and pay your taxes, The city is paved with your tears, Starving to feed the extra mouths, Rent paid for an empty fridge, Children with lightning gold smiles, Who possess a resilience harder than diamonds, When all is lost, Gather in numbers, As the small kindnesses accumulate, The silver lining is sharper than the knife edge, And if they didn't have the children the adults would be lost, Drowning in a tidal wave of despair, Neck ache from sticking it out and holding it high, Society has given you a number, Remember that you were born with a name. Remember that you are loved, Remember that you are capable of loving, Despite your rage, Despite your fear, You will always and forever be more than... Grief, Pain, Low Expectations, Heartbreak, The sum of all your memories and all your losses, You will always be more than just a number. ------------ A total of 6,848 people living in the city are currently without a home, according to Shelter. The ch...